Adwill LE Tape is a high value-added tape that combines the functions of dicing tape and die bonding material. Prevents adhesive bleeding or unevenness by transferring the adhesive uniformly onto the backside of the die at pick-up. Particularly suited for die bonding of thick stacked CSPs. Processing is also simplified since the same tape can be used in the process from dicing to bonding.
- 1. During dicing, the tape secures wafers in a manner similar to regular dicing tape. It is a multi-functional tape that transfers an adhesive layer to the backside when a die is picked up.
- 2. Because the DAF lamination process can be omitted, processing is simplified, while damage to the wafer caused by heat treatment during adhesion is eliminated as well.
- 3. Because heat curing (wafer mounting) can be done at low temperatures, the probability for damage to the wafer from heating is reduced.
- 4. There are no problems such as adhesive bleeding or die tilt.
- 5. Three lineups are available for following applications: one for die to die, one for die to substrate which conforms well to the bumps and depressions, and one for die to die FOW.*
*FOW: Film On Wire