What is the DBG (Dicing Before Grinding) process?
This is a die fabrication process in which, after the circuit surface has been half-cut, the wafer is made ultra-thin through back grinding while the die is separated. With an in-line system comprised of the LINTEC's fully-automatic multifunction wafer mounter (RAD-2510F/12Sa) and Disco Corporation's grinder, the risk of damage to wafers is reduced and ultra-thin dies can be produced with stability.
Products for DBG Process
- ■BG Tape for DBG Process
This is a back grinding tape that fully prevents infiltration of grinding fluid during polishing, as well as the generation of dies or cracks. The tape is laminated by the "RAD-3500 series," BG Tape Laminator.
- 1．Strong adhesive force fully prevents infiltration of grinding fluid and die dust during grinding.
- 2．Absorption and/or relief of compression stress and shear stress during grinding
- 3．Suppresses cracking due to contact between dies
- 4．Adhesive strength can be freely adjusted through UV irradiation.
- ■Pick-up Tape for DBG Process
A special-purpose pick-up tape for fully transferring dies, diced after back grinding, from surface protective tape to ring frame. The tape is mounted with the "RAD-2510 F/12Sa," fully-automatic multifunction wafer mounter.
- 1．Dies diced after back grinding are fully transferred.
- 2．Stress to dies during pick-up is minimized.
- 3．Cracking due to contact between dies is suppressed.
- 4．Ultra-thin, large dies can be picked up securely by using a special UV curable tape.
- ■Dicing Die Bonding Tape for DBG Process
When applying dicing die bonding tape to separated dies in the DBG (Dicing Before Grinding) process, a process to cut the adhesive layer between the dies is required. High quality adhesive layer cutting of LD Tape is achieved by using full cut laser dicing.
- 1．Easy pick-up allows it to be effective for ultra-thin dies.
- 2．Full cut laser dicing of adhesive layers is enabled by optimizing the suitability for laser cutting.